Thursday, June 22, 2006

So close, yet so far...

Well, while on the way to the airport this morning, D#1 calls and says they're in Chicago and the flight has been delayed from 12:09 until 12:50. No problem, I'll just kill time in Target. Then she calls back and says it's been delayed until 1:30. Fine. We'll kill time at the mall. THEN while in the mall she calls me and says their flight has been cancelled. Of course, my motherly instinct kicks in and I think CANCELLED??? WHADDYA MEAN CANCELLED? MY DAUGHTER MUST GET HOME AND YOU HAD BETTER FIND A WAY TO GET HER THERE, UNITED AIRLINES! LOL Right now they've got a game plan, but things keep changing second to second. Thank goodness we have nationwide calling on our cellphones and hers is charged up from sitting around waiting. Parents are keeping in touch and volunteering to drive hither and yon to pick everyone up in case we have to. I love our little town's support system. And the adult on the tour with them, which is my good friend and the girls' second mom, has been just absolutely marvelous. She's a strong gal and is just really helping everyone out. I love her to pieces.
I'll keep this updated for those 3 of you reading! ;-)

No comments: