Friday, June 23, 2006

Is today the day?

Well, the group spent the night in the Chicago O'Hare airport. She said that they were all jet-lagged and were asleep early. This morning before they got on the plane to Denver she got a croissant and a Starbucks Frappucino, so she'll be WIDE AWAKE most of the day. They sent a student with a sponsor back on the 6:30 flight, so the rest of them will be home tonight.

WHAT an adventure!

ETA: 12:30 p.m. CST
They made it to Houston and are on their way to Denver! I know her luggage made it because I
called the United ticket counter and the guy knew EXACTLY which piece hers was when I told him her name! LOL You can't miss a bright purple piece of luggage with a pink tag on it--her strategy for identifying it worked great.

Just saw the meter reader out in our circle...nearly scared the pee outta me. I looked up out the kitchen window and some guy is standing there looking at the side of our house.

ETA: 7:30 p.m. CST
They are STILL not home. I've have a gazillion phone calls this afternoon about flights, people leaving, people NOT leaving, etc. As of this second, they have a flight in at 11:45. That, however, is penciled in. I'll believe it when I see them. If you don't have to use United Airlines, DON'T. They are EXTREMELY unorganized and overbooked.

No comments: