Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lazy Day



Well, hubby's on our town's 4th of July Committee and he and D#2 just came from uptown pricing all the fireworks for the fireworks stand. What a job. Every year he says he's not going to get involved again and every year he does. This year I videotaped him saying it, so you better believe I'm gonna pull it out when he decides he's going to take it on next year.

D#2 still has to take care of a house that she's been house-sitting for 2 weeks. She does such a good job watering plants, caring for the animals, etc. She did have 3 houses there for awhile, but they're back home now. She makes sure she talks to the animals (dogs and cats) and pets them, so they're not starved for attention too!

D#1 spent the afternoon watching The Lion King on DVD for the 1,000,001th time. She was showing me some of the live performances on the internet from the Tony Awards...I would've LOVED to have seen it! Now she's out mowing her grandparent's yards. She's a real go getter.

I should be doing something constructive around the house, shouldn't I? Nah. I'll just enjoy today and start in tomorrow. D#2's birthday is Wednesday, so I ordered her ice cream cake today and will probably go to the mall Tuesday for a gift or two. We already gave her some $$ to go shopping for her "birthday gifts" with her friends, so the last gift or two I can't resist.

Beautiful day here, too! It's in the mid 80's, sunny and just beautiful! Too bad I can't drag my desktop outside...

No comments: